Contenu du blog -Blog content

Visitez le boulevard Saint-Laurent et les environs via aquarelles et dessins faits sur le motif. Visitez aussi le blog Art Plein Air au http://wwwartpleinair.blogspot.com

Monday 30 July 2012

Gabled houses on The Main near Mount-Royal Avenue



I was reflecting about what painted elements reoccur in my street scenes. Have you guessed by looking at this watercolor sketch? It’s the white trucks or cars. When I am at a lost as to what to use as a visual element to link forms together I often paint a white truck. I’d even say that at times, like in this piece, it becomes the focal point. There is only so much planning one can do when working outdoors from life especially from a street scene. Many of the moving elements in the scene such as people and vehicles are added as they present themselves before me.

 Historical note:

Wikipedia says: “In 2002, the Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada named Saint Lawrence Boulevard as The Main National Historic Site of Canada.[2] Then Minister of Heritage, Sheila Copps, speaking at the ceremony, said: "our country does not belong to just two founding peoples. It belongs to all Canadians. [This is] a first step toward a new story of Canada that includes all of our partners as equals." [3]

I have personally noticed while sketching scenes on the Main that passersby who comment on my work are from a vast variety of cultures and usually volunteer pleasant comments about my work. Language or culture is never an issue, we are all equal.

Raynald Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment